Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dragon scarf is done!

I put the finishing touches on my still life/landscape on Sunday and decided it was done. There wasn’t really much left to do, as it turned out. I finished painting in the foliage at the bottom, without a lot of detail. I wasn’t interested in trying to draw each branch and twig. This painting has enough distractions.

I did work on the scarf, where it bubbles up in front of the bottom of the taza. The taza (small fruit dish) is sitting on the scarf but it wasn’t clear where the scarf ended and the taza started, partly due to the angle of the viewer. A few extra highlights made this more believable. This photo was taken after I got rid of the rock face at the bottom, but before I finished the foliage and highlights on the scarf. If you click on the photo, you'll see a larger version, the unfinished foliage and the weird-looking transition where the scarf meets the taza. I'll update the photo when I have a chance.

What’s next? Something spontaneous and loose I think, something ala prima, maybe a landscape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home